Would you give a stranger in front of you that was buying groceries and necessities a couple of dollars if they were short on cash?

or would you just look the other way and pretend you didn't notice?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have... I would hope someone would help me if I were stuck, and couldn't live with myself if I didn't do it myself.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have done this before at the grocery store. I am not nearly as generous as my husband though. WARNING: I am totally going to be bragging about my husband so if you don't like that sort of stuff don't bother to read.lol

My husband several months ago felt he should help the woman behind him in line. He told the cashier to add her stuff to his total. The woman was leary but he told her he felt God was leading him to give to her and there were no strings attached. She told him thank you and then let him know that she was about to spend the last of her money. Her husband and her both lost their jobs and were out of funds. He gave her his card and said to call him for interviews he had several open spots available in management and hourly positions. The womans husband was hired as a manager and works for my husband now. They were able to keep their house and are doing well now. Always a great thing to give.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 11:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Depends on what they were buying really. If it was for beer or cigs, probably not. However, I have given it to people in line at the grocery store paying for food.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would and I have on many occasions.....

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I usually don't have the extra, but if I did, I'd help out. I know what it's like to have to "put something back" because you thought you had more money than you did, and I've seen the look on other peoples' faces when they realize they've got to figure out which item they need to put back. What goes around comes around.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes, I would and I have...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have and I felt really good because of it. Until later when i got home and was figuring out how much all this baby stuff is going to cost.
    Hopeful44

Answer by Hopeful44 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've given up to a dollar and one time gave them coupons enough to get it down to what they had.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have and I would. I also stop and buy food for homeless people if I have the money to. I don't give cash to people on the street because I am not going to enable someone to buy alcohol or drugs if that is why they are there, but have given clothing and such and wouldn't hesitate to help someone if I can.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am the type that would.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 10:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2011