Real estate RANT !

We are looking for a house to buy and since we have such a large selection, I am mainly looking online to narrow it down.......It drives me crazy at how some of the realtors will market the houses ! ..

For example :

" large, modern updated kitchen" ...which really means a fully 60's style kitchen that has "updated and modern" cabinet knobs - nothing else, just the knobs...

" countertops stay ! " ... do people really take countertops with them nowadays? ( I mean maybe if they were granite or something would someone take them, but this was a blue laminate)

" 5 bedrooms" .... I thought bedrooms had to have closets and windows?

" $30,000 in updates, needs new roof, furnace, and water heater" ... I think that explains itself !

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 8:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It is deceptive advertising. It is in every product. BUYER BEWARE!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yeah... and I actually like ugly houses -- i prefer that old 60s kitchen compared to an brand new one... but it is just so silly to hear of the things listed... lol
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I got a good laugh out of your list. We bought our place last year and as much fun as I had looking, I hope we don't venture back into home buying for a very VERY long time. It's a jungle out there. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• People these days live like slobs, finding a clean house is now considered a bonus real estate listings now list the house as being clean as a added surprise. Sadly, it is a surprise to find a clean one. IMO the people who lost a majority of those houses were never supposed to be homeowners anyway and those couldn't hardly be given away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yeah we have seen alot that has CLEAN! as the desciption lol
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011