Possible abuse toward my 3 year old.

a few months back my 3 year old came to me and told me that my husband(his stepfather) put a sock in his mouth and hit him cause he wouldn't be quiet.when i asked my husband about it,he denied it.i had to report it to social services cause my son also told his therapist.social services did a review and decided not to persue it cause there was not enough evidence.i believe my son over my husband and i want to leave my husband cause all he does is stay in the bedroom and play video games and watch movies.doesn't want to spend time with me and kids(i have 4 kids,1 by him).i keep thinking about what my son told me.what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell DH "Do it again & I am going to do it to you!" Threaten him & be stern. IF he doesn't like it then make him leave. IF he does it again, call the police. Your man needs to grow up or move out. Make an ultimatum. I would NEVER let him hurt my child. That would be the last time he ever even thought about it. MY wrath would be worse than he ever imagined. Be strong for yourself & children. YOU are their protector.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• 3 yr olds rarely lie about stuff like that and sometimes they do... don't leave him alone with the kids for now until u find out what's really going on. that may be hard to do and separating may be easier.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If my kid told me that, I'm afraid I'd have to take my kid's word for it and get rid of the husband. First, I find it hard to believe a 3 yr old would lie about that, and second, it doesn't sound like your husband is all that into family to begin with, and while that's not necessarily an indication of abuse, it would lend some weight to the accusation in my book.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It's your duty as a mother to protect your child. Kids, 3 year olds, don't make up things like that. By you not doing anything, he may think you don't believe him or don't care and decide not to tell you if it happens again. He told you because he needs help. He could have choked on that sock!!! Sounds like hubby needs to go anyway.
    Tracee F.

Answer by Tracee F. at 9:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would leave. It's sad though because according to what you said, you only reported it because your 3-year old told his therapist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thats not the only reason why i reported it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would leave that sad excuse of a man in a heartbeat. Babies that young don't know how to make something like that up. You and your children deserve better. And if I were you, I would file charges.
    trishter

Answer by trishter at 9:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Leave your husband then. You want and you believe he is abusive. Why stay? Your child's safety should always come first.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would believe my child and move away from the man who your child said did this. You are to protect your children at all costs.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Why is there even a question in your mind about this if you believe this man is abusing your child?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2011