Was my husband being secretive?

Long story short my inlaws are buddy buddy with my husband's ex-girfriend's parents from before my inlaws even got married. The friendship is over 50 years. Their friends were out of sight for awhile and I could care less.Now I found out their grandkid had health problems and not the girl who my husband went out with but the younger sister got breast cancer.SO my husband told me all this info to justify why his parents are back to hanging out with them. SO yesterday he called his mom and I was about to go to the store and hesitated so I could speak with her on the phone. He told me to go....so of course I knew he was going to find out where his mom went out to dinner with their bosom buddies and the gossip that goes with it.What should I say to husband without him blowing up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• tel him u don't mind him being friends with his exes family only keep u informed on what's going on.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think you should say anything. His parents can be friends with anyone they please and we're talking abuot a friendship over 50 years old. There is nothing wrong with your husband wanting to know how the ill family members are doing.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Level with him. Tell him you feel uncomfortable about the situation, but, at the same time, you'd also like to know what's going on. Getting things out in the open is far better than keeping secrets. Tell him you understand your in-laws' relationship with the family, but that you certainly don't want it to interfere with yours. Remember you catch more bees with honey. Feeling insecure is understandable; however, avoiding open discussions and sharing your feelings with your spouse is not.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011