How effective is plan b?

If I had a slip up and took the plan b pill 2 hrs after shouldn't it work at its best?

Youngmum19

Asked by Youngmum19 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• Well the good news is you got it very early the earlier you take it the better, for the rest of the month ( and hopefully from now on) you need to use birth control, it is about 97% effective.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Plan B is very effective up to 72 hours so you should be good to go.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes it should of worked that soon.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 12:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Good luck . . .

I took plan B 48 hours after (couldn't get an open pharmacy until then). It did not work for me, but you took it very soon, which is good.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Ok great,thanks ladies! I was using a condom the first time that night to see if it still irritated me and right away it irritated and burned a lil. Then after when I peed it burned bad. So I really cannot use latex condoms now, but he's tooooo big for non latex. Any ideas besides not having sex? I haven't even had sex in months. I'm getting a disphram.
    Youngmum19

Comment by Youngmum19 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011