I'm so mad at my sister in law.

I just found out she would lock my nieces in their room. So she wouldn't have to get up in the morning. Also, she tried to kill herself with them in the next room while my brother in law was on the way home from work. (it was for attention. She is all about herself not those poor babies. She only seems to have depression when she has to do something she doesn'twant to do. Like being a good mother. How do I not let the things she has done affect our relationship. To be honest I think she's a nut and things will never be the same. Now she lives with my in laws and she doesn't appreciate what they do for her. Nothing but negativity towards them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• This woman needs someone to be gut honest with her but in a kind sort of way. Could you be the woman to gently tell her the truth about herself? It is a good idea to always try to look past present behavior to see if there is a need that is not being met. Do you know how she grew up? Was she loved as a child? There are all kinds of reasons people do stupid things. Look for that reason and see if you can help her. You will also be helping the rest of your family and hers!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have a sil like this but she is on drugs to and we have point blank told her to step up and be a mommy and stop putting herself and her needs before her kids, she no longer has her kids the state stepped in and took them and they now live with my inlaws, and honestly the kids seem happier and better off, I am not sure what you should do but maybe talk with her, a lot of people don't like hearing the truth though and just get angry and try to put blame on you or someone else. good luck!!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2011