Not sure about returing back to work....

i have 11 weeks until my due date, and starting to stress , i need to figure out daycare for the new little munchkin, i am already having trouble keeping up paying for my 2.5yr and tahts for just 2days... i like my job, but feel like i might need to see about working weekends somewhere or something...
i bring home 600 every two weeks/for full time and around here where i live in MA, for a center based daycare for an infant it would be 900 a month, or 700 for a home daycare and thats just for the infant ... struggling on a decsion i have student loans and a carpayment along with other bills i would be putting my self in a hole everymonth, and i really cant expect SO to pay all the househould bills with out me helping.....

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• "i really cant expect SO to pay all the househould bills with out me helping..... "

So he expects you to pay for daycare for both of your kids and still help out with household bills? Maybe he should be paying 1/2 of the daycare bill!
    Sounds like you might need to figure out your expenses vs income and figure out if it might be better for you to stay home for a couple years.

Answer by missanc at 9:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You aren't helping with the household bills if you are putting money out just to go to work. I went through this myself, I thought that I was "helping" with my home based business, but I was actually using more money to run it than I was bringing in. If I wasn't doing it I felt that I wasn't helping, so I know how you are feeling. First off, you have a new little one that needs YOU, not some substitute mother, so don't stress about hurrying your child into daycare. Then see if maybe you can do some babysitting or a job when your DH is home so you don't have to pay a babysitter if you need to contribute. Good luck to you.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Too bad u don't live by me. I would help u out and care for your kids so u can work without any worries. I would care for them for free!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I know of moms who have been in your situation. My sister was one of those moms. She ended up pulling them out of daycare and my mom watched them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thats what im thinking, and he doesnt expect me to pay all the bills and day care, im just throwing it out there, we really unfortunately havent talked about it too much yet... and i realize its coming closer and closer... we have so much going on , my first sons father is giving me a hard time about some things and what not .. and im trying to to stress about things because i know its not good for the baby, i have a goal if we get a bigger place to live to do a home daycare so i can stay home make money and not pay someone just for me to go to work...
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my mom would love to watch them but cant afford to leave her job, and my SO mom is having trouble walking and what not so thats not an option
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it would almost be better if i can get a waitressing or bartendign job for two days a week at a decent establishment , i could probably bring in the three hundred a week that i make all week at the bank
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i have tried to get help with daycare and get a voucher but in MA the waiting lists are sooooo long i have been on it for over a year and a half for my oldest son.
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was where you were at. I was military and most of my paycheck would go to kids in daycare (1000 per month per child, yes it's that expensive). So 2000 per month and I was bringing in 1,200 per paycheck. The 400 was going to gas/food. There was no reason to pay that and go through deployment and all that stuff. So I got out and hubby stayed in and I became a stay at home mom. I do the businesses from home for the extra cash and that has been working great and it keeps me sane while being home with the kiddos.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 10:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• 2/3 of my paycheck goes to taxes & daycare and after that, I only walk away with $125 a week in my pocket. Yeah it SUCKS to work so hard and only really make that much, but after doing the math, there was no way I could cut out $500 in bills a month. We already can't pay all of our bills as it is. So, I say do the math and see if you really can afford to quit working.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2011