How do you delete a yahoo e-mail account?

I don't use this account much at all and my mom just sent me a message to let me know that someone hacked into my e-mail because she is receiving some e-mails from me with x rated material in them. So, how do I go about deleting a yahoo e-mail account?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Technology

• Log in to your yahoo account and click on help. When the help window pulls up you should see a search bar and type the words: Delete Account.

You'll see a question - How Do I Close My Yahoo! Account, click that link and it'll tell you how to close it. You'll need to click on the Account Termination page, put in your password and the captcha code to close it out.....pretty easy, I've had to do it with a few yahoo accounts that someone hacked into.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not a clue, but here's a bump!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• as far as i know, you cant, you can ditch it and delete everyone off of your contact list or you can change your password.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• as far as I know you just shouldnt log into it for around 3 months and it gets canceled. Other that you could look for a help option when you log on and see if there is an answer there.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thank you, Holtswife24, I did what you said and was able to delete my account. Okmommy08, I thought that as well but I haven't logged into that account in 4-5 months and it was still active.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011