How do people end up together?

Do you know any couples who seem like an odd match? We have some couples at our church that seem so miss matched! I'm not talking about looks as much as personalities. For instance, a really sweet guy with a really "bitchy" wife, or a really meek wife with an obnoxious husband? It just makes me wonder how they ended up together? I know the old saying of opposites attract, but I've never really found that to be true, at least not for me. I'm attracted to people who have similar interests and likes that I do. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I've been with DH since 2002 and I STILL wonder how we ended up together, lol! He's opinionated, anti-social, he can be totally overbearing and is completely unromantic. I love being around people, I always try to see everything from everyone's POV and try not to judge others. BUT, he makes me feel safe, appreciated and like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to which is huge for me because I've always had really low self-esteem and he was the first guy I was with who made me stand up for myself instead of exploiting me. The number one reason I adore him though? He's an AMAZING father.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i don't like people that are like me then we clash alot i like the total opposite
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• people with the same interests and likes are the types of people that I make friends with, but in a partner I look for someone who challenges me and makes me think about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I've done relationships both ways and the ones that work out better are those where we're both just a bit different, but with the same types of interests and the same values.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• For me it was sharing interests and basic attitudes. I don't think I'd be able to get along long term with someone who was very different.

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my husband and I are one of those Oppsities attract cases. Everything I am, think, do or say, he is the opposite...it makes things funner and we balance eachother out. We do have the same morals and values so that's where it matters most.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My husband are pretty different in a lot of our beliefs and we like to debate. But, we both have the same "alpha dog" personalities. We both like to have the last word. It can be pretty annoying, but pretty interesting at the same time! We are totally in love even though we are so different. What, exactly, brought us together??? 3 Long Island Ice teas and 3 AMF's :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 4:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Ok, I know my naivety is showing, but what is AMF?

Anonymous

• Hubby and I are opposites in a lot of ways. It brings balance to the relationship. Sometimes he irritates the pee out of me, but I'm sure I do the same to him sometimes. It's been working for 10 years, so I guess it's alright.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Hahaha. An AMF is a drink that I cannot stand now (I don't know how I did before). It tastes like it's pure alcohol and stands for "Adios Mother Fucker." LOL
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2008