Anyone else start a new workout. . .

Only to give it up shortly thereafter for whatever reason? I have found that I do - seems like everytime I start a new one, something knocks me off my schedule and I never pick it back up again. Does this happen to anyone else?

trishter

Asked by trishter at 10:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Happens to me all the time. You just have to make yourself find sometime at least 3 times a week. The longer you wait the harder it is to start back up again.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 10:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Me too. Today my 19 month old and I are going to start walking. His lil brother or sister is due in November and we need to get our (my) stamina up. lol (both adopted, he bio sibling)
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes I know what you mean. I will be on a roll and then if I miss one time, I don't start up again for months.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I understand that I have started to do crunches and sidebends I probably can stick to it except im supposed to do it twice a day and dr. oz says to make sure you workout before you eat.
    wwjd2007

Answer by wwjd2007 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes, it's all about displine and sometimes having a goal for yourself can keep you motivated.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Find a partner to help keep you accountable! It happens to all of us!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 12:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It's very common. Keep trying to until you find something you enjoy that you can stick with. Make a schedule for yourself, and find someone to help keep you accountable. I text my workouts to my brother, and he does the same, and we bug each other if it's been a few days since we've heard from each other! Works out well when neither of us has a reliable workout buddy locally. We live a couple of hours apart, but we work out together whenever we can.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes it is very common and happens
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• As someone who works in the nutrition/medical field, I can tell you YES, this happens all the time to MOST people trying to make a change. Behavior change is difficult. It helps if you have social support, like a spouse, friend, or even the whole family making the change with you. You can't do it alone (or its way harder, at least). Best of luck to you on getting back to it and sticking with it.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011