How do you do the timeouts in your house??

I've been getting missed thoughts on timeouts I know it should be 1 minute for every year they are, but do you sit them in a chair.
Especially since my son is only 19 months, what did you do at that age with your kids?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 10:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We do the same thing. My 19 month old gets a warning then time out for about a minute, sorries and hugs and kisses. If he hits he does not get a warning, just straight to the spot.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Mine have to sit on the bottom step. I did a minute/year starting with 1 minute and then a minute for each year up to 5 (after that, we took away screen time or earlier bedtime). I put them there and then leave the immediate area. The whole idea is that the get no attention, so if you're sitting with them, that takes away from the "punishment". Once you start time out it takes a while for them to understand that, if they get up, you put them back and restart the timer.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My son is 15 months. I sit on the floor and make him sit in front of me and kind of hang on to him.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• we have a chair in the corner of a room with no tv or toys and when they get a time out ,they go to that chair,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my kids stand in the conner for 1 minute per there age
    mommyoflogan23

Answer by mommyoflogan23 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011