how are you treated?

If your boyfriend left his wife for you or your now husband left his first wife for you, how were you treated by everyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Uhhh. I was kind of in this situation. I dated a man for over a year. He was always available, I went to his apartment, I could call him at any time. Well it turns out that he was married with three kids (ASSHOLE) and he rented an apartment on the side. I dumped him as soon as I found out and he decided at that moment that he would leave his wife.

Well his ex wife still harasses me, he stalks me, and my family picks on me. It has been almost two years already.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My husband was in a miserable marriage that was over before we met. All of his family knew he was unhappy and that she only wanted to stay married to him for financial reasons. They didn't have any kids together. In spite of all that, when he officially ended the marriage so that we could pursue a life together, his family disowned him (and this "boycott" of him was led by his own mother). We have been married eight years and have two beautiful children together, and his mother still won't talk to him. You'd think she'd be happy her son is happy, but she didn't get her way so she's still mad. I can't really say how she treats me, I've never met her! She (or my FIL) have never even laid eyes on our kids! I don't know how any one could be so horrible to her own child and grandchildren, but oh well! It's her loss!
    Anonymous

• Man, those people are so missing out!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• ""boycott" of him was led by his own mother). We have been married eight years and have two beautiful children together, and his mother still won't talk to him"...................About the mother thing I am in that situation with my husband's mom, I met her once she was drunk, then showed up late to our wedding, the unfortunate thing is, besides her hating her own son my husband, she has his son from a previous relationship and took out some kind of paperwork that gave her temp custody w/out his consent, she won't even let my husband talk to his son over the phone, no contact what so ever......I'm gonna stop now there is much more, but this woman has tore the entire family apart and it's all a power trip!
    Anonymous