Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Hair disaster!!Help!!

Ok i usually dye my hair ash blonde, but last night i decided to be spontanious and dye my hair ash blonde then put black underneith all my hair. Well i ended up with way more black then i wanted. If i wanted to go get another box of ash blonde to fix this would it turn out right on the dyed black hair? or would i end up with red or another color hair? please any advice would be appriciated
Thank you


Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • you can not lighten haircolor with haircolor.
    my best advice would be for you to see a professional. i'm sure others will tell you to 'just go buy some bleach or color-stripper' and remove the black yourself, but it ain't that easy.

    Answer by dullscissors at 10:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • Go to a salon to have it fixed. You will NOT have good results trying to fix it yourself, even with haircolor remover.

    Answer by SWasson at 10:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • You have reached the point where it is time to vist a professional, as dullscissors said you can't remove hair color with hair color, ever, the color remover kid is very harsh on your hair, and then when you get the orange, you have to account for the undertones,, please call a school, or get a referral to a good colorist from a friend,, so sorry!!! DO NOT put anything else on it!

    Answer by kimigogo at 10:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • I agree, it really wouldn't lighten it much. And trying to strip it yourself usually ends in making your hair really damaged. I'd go to a professional to have the black removed!

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • they sell a color removing kit that you can buy, i saw it at Walgreens. you can try that but if you put blonde over the black ot will turn orange. I do that to my hair but i don't use black underneath, i would go for a darker brown when you do it and have a freind help if you have a hard time.

    Answer by jenn4443 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • Honestly, I would go to the salon, I tried to just correct it with a color and ended up damaging my hair. it can be fixed but it's going to need to be a place that can treat your hair.
    The other solution might be to call the hair color manufacter and ask them, but most of the time they can only give you the advice that you say to them, and you may not know the exact color your hair is. what color black etc.
    good luck to you!

    Answer by Sillylins at 10:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • My advice is do not try to fix it yourself...

    Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • go to a salon

    Answer by firelites at 2:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • I would go to a professional and get it fixed I had a PROFESSIONAL make me look like I was GRAYING >.< so I went to the usual lady I go to she fixed it for $30

    Answer by djavongirl at 5:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011