I am thinking about writing a book but don't know where to begin?

wwjd2007

Asked by wwjd2007 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Write out a plot... starting at the end.

If you decide where you want the story to go, you'll have an easier time deciding how to reach that end.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am guessing you have a story idea? There are a lot of different ways to write, some people do outlines and then fill it in, some people just start putting their ideas on paper (or computer) and add to it, some people are really brilliant and can just write the story from start to end. My favorite author writes the beginning and the end and then fills in the middle.

Now, if you are talking about how to get published, that is tricky now a days. There is the old fashioned way of sending a transcript to a lot of different publishing houses and praying someone A) takes the time to read it and B) likes it enough to bite. Then there is the new way... blog and hope someone in that line of business reads it and likes your writing style. If that happens they will ask you to submit a transcript.

Good luck!
    chaslee

Answer by chaslee at 10:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• start with a grain came from a far place !!!! u imagine the rest ..... Alians .. a tree who talk .... whatever will be ur imagination ;0 good lcuk

caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Just write. I have written two and I am on my third. I just write and things just come to me. I then go back and edit and polish it up and make sure everything matches. It all starts with an idea
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Take a page from your own life and build a fantasy around it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• There are rules if you are trying to get something published. You don't have to write the entire thing just to get a contract unless it is a children's book (under 32 pages) If it is a children's book you aren't expected to do the illistrations. The publishing company tkaes care of that.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Don't worry about the publishing part. Just start writing.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thank you for your comments
    wwjd2007

Comment by wwjd2007 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011