I rent and have inspections today and will failing to tell management about this get me into trouble

my smoke detectors are unplugged and beep when I plug them in.....I totally forgot about this and the manager has been saying for a month now to get all repairs reported because it is her Boss that is coming around to make sure everything is safe and up to date and works

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 10:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• sounds like they just need new batteries....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• In the past my manager has told me that non working smoke detectors are considered an emergency and should be reported ASAP
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't have batteries or the money to buy any
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They should replace the battteries,just tell them they just started doing it and you have not had the chance to call it in yet
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Just be honest and she will probably understand but it is very important to get those fixed ASAP. I also agree sounds like batteries.
    Aleighasmom09

Answer by Aleighasmom09 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Shouldn't the landlords provide the batteries??? Plug them in and let them beep for the day so you don't get in trouble.... Maybe then they will offer the batteries to you.
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Call them today and let them know, it would be possible that if they put new batteries in at the same time, they would expire at the same time.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would go with that! It just started today or last night!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• plug them in and let them beep .....when they ask say they just started doing it...its just the battries.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think it's the landlord's responsibility to replace the batteries. I mean, when a light bulb blows you don't expect them to replace that. Batteries are a consumable item and should be replaced by the tenant. That said, you can go to the dollar store and get super cheap batteries. For your inspection today, I would simply let them know your situation.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011