He wont stop spitting!

DS will be 1 in a month, and hes always spitting, when he eats he spits, when hes playing he spits, if i'm holding him he spits, and no matter what i do, or how many times i tell him to stop, he keeps doing it. What can I do?

JudesAwsomeMom

Asked by JudesAwsomeMom at 11:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put soap in his mouth or a dab of hot sauce on his tongue everytime he doesnt stop when u tell him to thats what i would do hope it helps have a good day!
    22mommyof3girls

Answer by 22mommyof3girls at 11:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He's a baby, you can't do much other then praise when he listens, guide him, & redirect him. It's not right to hold him accountable for his actions, when he is only beginning to understand his world. When my 1 yr old was grinding his teeth I reacted & this seem to increase the grinding... I ignored it or would gently touch his chin. They are in constant state of change, this will pass.
    Try ignoring? Redirecting? Guiding? Praise when he does listen?
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 11:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not much you can do! My son is 2 and he still does it! He just wants the attention and he likes to wipe it up. The most you can really do is redirect him or ignore it.. If you draw attention to it and tell him not to do it, hes goign to continue!! They thrive on the attention.. weather it be negative or positive... They are testy little stinkers. :)
    TylersMommy0808

Answer by TylersMommy0808 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011