Stuffy Noses?

My daughter Aleigha is 3 and 1/2 months and pretty much since she was born she has had a stuffy nose. At first I thought it was a cold no i'm leaning toward allergies since mine are horrible. Any thoughts? Also i use little noses for her and it doesnt help that much any other medications you would suggest?

Aleighasmom09

Asked by Aleighasmom09 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's probably normal, since milk produces mucus. It could also be hereditary. Either way a air cleaner for your home might help. I sell a product for clean air & water. FHTMUS.COM/JENNIFERSALAZAR you can find it here, it's called Protection for life. I own a Filter Queen Medical Air device, it's great but expensive to maintain, so if I were to purchase I would go with Protection for life.

Good Luck!!
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 11:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Put a little baby vicks vapor rub on the soles of her feet and keep covered with socks. Do Not put it near her nose or on her chest as it can be overwhelming to a small baby and adversely affect breathing! Put a Humidifier in her room. Wash sheets & blankets often in hot water to lessen exposure to dust mites. Keep the floor mopped and or vaccumed everyday for the same purpose.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Infants do not have allergies. Although, her room could be too dry.. Maybe try a humidifire.. Or some infant salene drops.. If that doesnt work then check with the dr. She may have a deviated septum or something.. Good luck!!
    TylersMommy0808

Answer by TylersMommy0808 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You can't give a baby that young meds unless presribed by the doc. If you're worried, call her doc. But it's fairly normal, it's a new environment. The more you suction her nose, the worse you could make it too - you can inflame her tissue and make it swell, making her seem stuffed up. So maybe stop useing the drops too and see what happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my ped says babies are immune to environmental allergies until they are around a year. All newborns have stuffy noses seemingly constantly. Saline followed by suction is the best and only thing a ped will offer you.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011