Baby food

My daughter is 3 abd 1/2 months. Is it too early to try a little baby food?

Aleighasmom09

Asked by Aleighasmom09 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months is the general recommended age to begin solids. Talk to her ped and see what they recommend for your DD.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• they say 4-6 months is good to start. i started rice cereal at 4 months and veggies at 6 months.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, start with simple, whole foods. Like bananas, avocado, peas & such. Raw is best not jar. Not a must but does provide more nutrition & is easier to digest. Have fun!
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 11:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It depends if they seem ready, sometimes it's good to start with talking to your pediatriciaian!
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• 6 months
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The readiness is based on INTERNAL development, which you cannot see. The infant gut closes at six months (adjust if baby is preemie). Doing it because she LOOKS ready is like saying a 12 year old should become a mom because she's menstruating. She may have the outer signs but she's not ready!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You should discuss it with her doctor, introducing foods to early can cause allergies,, my DS was 5 months and we started with cereal.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• 4 to 6 months is recommended age. I started giving my son cereal at 1 month old. I gave it to him before his bedtime bottle (NOT IN BOTTLE). I started him on veggies at 4 months. Ive been in childcare for as long as i can remember, so i am pretty educated when it comes to infants. I was the mom who told the dr what i was doing. I never asked if i should bc i already knew. Just make sure he/she has good head control when it comes to spoon feeding. If they do not have the head control then choking can become an issue!! Good luck!
    TylersMommy0808

Answer by TylersMommy0808 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• And btw, my son is a very healthy almost 3 year old! He has never had stomach or eating issues. He has a healthy diet and is right where he should be at his age.
    TylersMommy0808

Answer by TylersMommy0808 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes it's to early. Wait another 2 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011