2 year old potty training

I have 27 month old b/g twins and we decided to potty train this summer while I'm not working (I'm a teacher). So, we started yesterday my son did AWESOME! Never had a pee accident all day (one poo accident). My daughter was 50/50. It seemed like she never really knew she was peeing. She seemed really scared to get on the potty yesterday...well yesterday I had the potties in the living room so they could run to them as soon as they needed to but they pretty much just sat on them all day and happened to pee while sitting there.

This morning, I get them up and bring them to the potty...my son sat there for a minute and said 'no tee tee in there' and was good...and wanted breakfast...my daughter started screaming crying when I told her she didn't have to sit there. I have a feeling she now just loves the seat but as a chair...not a potty.

Any suggestions for potty training or how to deal with my daughter's random feelings about the potty....also, people with boys...when did you start training them to stand while they pee

newmom2bgtwins

Asked by newmom2bgtwins at 11:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just decide she is not ready and focus on your son. 2 is on the early side of potty training anyway. Most children are closer to 3 and boys closer to 3.5.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I didn't even start with mine until they were 3. Are they in underwear? If you decide to start, you should put them in underwear, no more diapers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My son will be three in October and he just started standing up to pee a couple of weeks ago. We would take him in the bathroom with us when we would go. We had a potty in the living room and the bathroom. We also did a reward system, since ds eat candy on special occasions we used that as a reward. For peeing he got 3 M&Ms and for pooing he got a small sucker(DUMDUMS). It worked for a while, but then he started refusing to go and acting out. I decided I was not going to push him with it so I left him alone. A few months ago I noticed that he was always dry. Come to find out he was going by his self. Long as I did not push him he would go. We have finally mastered using the bathroom in public(thank God he knows how to stand up and pee!). Now we are trying to master nighttime. So far he has woken up 2days without peeing. Do you have in cool undies(Princess, Cars, etc), my son love Yo Gabba Gabba
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Cont'
    I would tell him that he couldn't get Plex dirty or wet. I only put Overnight Undearwear on him when we was going somewhere or at nighttime(when we first started out).
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011