Birth control?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my second child. My husband and I are done having kids after this one. He plans to get fixed but for the time being after baby is born I was thinking of going on the shot. I dont want any accidents. I dont know much about the shot though. Has anyone used it? If so what you can tell me about it?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I get the Depo shot, its been a year now and so far so good but gained a lot of weight. You get it every 3 mths and not sure of the cost the state paid for mine.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Are you talking about the depo?? it's not for everyone, but it can work really well the first go around with breastfeeding it's best bc to be on. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was on it for years. I did gain some weight (5-10 pounds) but I was also in college, so some of it may have been lifestyle. It was great, I didn't have my period while I was on it, didn't have to think about it. I would do it again. I know that once you go off of it it can take time to get your fertility back, but if you're all done then you shouldn't have to worry about it.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have heard HORRIBLE things about the shot. My sister got it and literally bled for 3 straight months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I had horrible reactions to the shot. If you've ever had side effects from hormonal BC's you will probably have a bad reaction to the shot.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have never used it but know several people who currently do use it. They like it. They say they don't have monthly period.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 12:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• When I used it the shot messed up my period I had it everyday for 3 months so I got off of it.......
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011