Over reacting? Help!

OK, I have trust issues with my SO, it's not his fault he has NEVER given me reason, I just know his past and know the women before me have been very pretty and thinner. I have recently gained weight since going on birth control and my self esteem has suffered terribly, Well anyway, when he showers after work he leaves all his stuff on the night stand, phone included. Yesterday, he took his phone in the bathroom with him and we joked about it when i carefully referred to him doing that but got no real answer as to why and now i have been going crazy all day worrying. Just recently i got over my general unwarranted worries and now this,, am i over reacting? I dont think so, why take your phone in the shower? I hate the idea of checking his phone but i feel i have to or i will keep this with me and go nuts. I don't want to look anymore insecure by just asking him why, and he could lie? Ahh This has made me crazy since last night.. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Did he make it a point to go grab his phone from somewhere else and take it with him or did he take it with him cuz it happened to b in his pocket and maybe forgot to take it out?
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think you need to get into some counseling for your trust issues, I never have the desire to check my husband's phone.. He probably is tired of being accused all of the time for doing nothing.. I am sorry for the way you feel, but this is going to drive you crazy, if you don't learn how to deal with it. There will always be women who are prettier and thinner in the world, but it is the relationship that builds your life together. Do you think when your 80 your going to be worried about the pretty 75 year old down the block? Hugs to you momma, but try to talk to someone about this, your fears and insecutites can really rub off on your kids.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Your own insecurities could be pushing him away! Who knows. But it's time to get over yourself and for you and hub to work things out
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think i need counseling, im aware of what my problem is, where it stems from and how to deal with it, and i was fine until last night. I finally decided I am crazy and he's a great guy and to leave it alone, then this. He has cheated on every girlfriend he has, why would i be the exception? We been together 2 yrs and living together 1 year. I never accuse him of anything keep my craziness to myself. AND to answer bitmoms ques. I wasn't upstairs when he took it in the bathroom but it wasn't in his pocket, he goes in the bathroom in a towel so he purposely had to carry it.. Thats my issue!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I wish you would have written in your original question that he has cheated before! Of course that changes my answer! You stated he has never given you any reason to be this way, past behaviour is a great reason to be this way, yes you should be concerned he took the phone to the bathroom with him, and yes you should be able to look at it any time!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011