Which is better?

If you have ever dieted, which diet did you use and was it effective? Did you pay money to join a club like Jenny Craig or something?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I did the Curves workout/weight loss program. It worked very well (lost 77 lbs) but you HAVE to work it. Once I slacked off.......POOOF I'm fat again........last year I started a minimal card diet and have lost 55 lbs. It is hard because I am a southern gal in love with southern comfort food so I have to "get back to it" so I can lose some more. This time I am going to try not to be lazy and add some actual excercise with the diet..>LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I had success with weight watchers. it is a great program!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've done a bunch - LA weight loss, nutrisystem, e-diets, Curves, some of it worked for a little while but what really worked was 1. Changing my eating habits little by little - I'd eliminate white carbs (bread rice pasta etc) then add more veggies in, find a healthier version of a recipe I liked etc. It was one thing at a time. I also scaled back portions - ate on the same size small plate as my kids. Then 2. Started exercising - Lost 40lbs and I was starting to get bored, when I joined a beginner running group, became friends with the girls there and got into running for fun, races and health (mental and physical) and I've never looked back. I"m down 70lbs and happier and healthier than I've ever been. So to sum it up - find a way of eating that you enjoy - make slow changes and find exercise you enjoy. If you don't love the gym, then don't go. Try running, tennis, swimming, karate, whatever you like.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 12:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've heard mostly good things about Weight Watchers and P90X. I am personally having a lot of success through eating clean (link with the basics) and exercising, primarily running. So far, I've lost 63 lbs, and I am still going.  There's a magazine called Clean Eating that I came across that changed my life, and then I started buying Tosca Reno's books, which are all about eating clean.  Any of her books will get you on track.  It's all about getting rid of processed foods and liquid calories (juice, soda, Gatorade, etc), proper portion sizes, small, frequent meals, and teaching you lifelong habits.  I've recommended it to a lot of people!

Here is some additional weight loss advice.  Good luck!!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I Eat Clean from books by Tosca Reno and workout to beachbody workout systems....finishing up Insanity and starting ChaLEAN Extreme, P90X will be next!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am on a 1600 calorie diet(which I never eat that much in a day) under my doctors supervision and have lost over 30 pounds since February of this year; also I walk every day in the morning and evening and have cut out all sweets and replaced them with fresh fruits and vegetables
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Here is what worked for people who have kept off at least 30 pounds for at least 1 year:
    http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/default.htm
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I've been on WW, Slimfast, Nutrisystem, Curves and a couple regular gyms over the years. Curves worked the best until I injured my back. Now I eat right, limit carbs, lots of water, Zumba twice a week along with weight training.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2011