Can your period cause a headache?.... one that won't go away?

I'm 36 years old and have never had this happen. I started my period three days ago and about 7 hours into the first day I started getting an excruciating headache. The headache has been going on now for the whole time without letting up. Ibuprofen only gives about 45 minutes of relief. What is going on?

hollydaze1974

Asked by hollydaze1974 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• It could be a migraine. If it has lasted this long and nothing is helping, call your doctor or go to the ER. Some women get migraines during their period or right before.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• if you have taken ibuprofen and it still hurts than go see a doctor.

I get headaches all the time and they shoould go away with some med's.and some sleep.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• headaches are the leading cause of pain in america
    could you be dehydrated?
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• not likely to be dehydrated, I'm on medication that causes me to drink a lot of water. I am just surprised as this has never happened to me before.
    hollydaze1974

Comment by hollydaze1974 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011