Friends

I have this friend, she has been with this guy for the past 4 years and they have 3 year old twins together. She wants to have another baby and she was telling me about how they were trying. She got mad at me when I told her that it was a bad idea. She asked why and I told her that after everything she has told me about this guy its bad enough that she is with him but why in the world would she want to have another kid with him. According to her, he is abusive, put her in the hospital, he's a drunk and druggy and a dead beat dad and cheated on her. I'm suppose to be her best friend and I do support her and I'm honest with her but was I wrong to tell her it was a bad idea when I am going based on all the things she's told me?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• No u are not wrong and if she's a true friend, she should appreciate ur opinions
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, I dont' think you are wrong. Personally I really couldn't be friends with someone like that. I just couldn't. Best of luck.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No you did the right think, I would have probably worded it a little different.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sometimes it's just hard to hear the truth plain and simple. Telling her how you really felt when holding her safety in her best interest is called being a friend. If she's looking for someone who agrees with her selfish choices, then I think it's time she find someone who isn't emotionally invested and doesn't give a damn about her wrecking her own life and her childrens. I don't think I'd be her friend any longer.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think it was good you told her the truth about how you feel. ?You are her best friend after all. if your not going to tell her the truth then who will? You need to be there for her and it seems that is just what you did.
    sillymumof2

Answer by sillymumof2 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• never a good idea to give advice when it was not asked for. As I understand it, she was telling you her plans and not asking your opinion. Maybe another time would have been better to put in your two cents.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011