What do you do when your husband tells you he doesn't think he loves you anymore?

Our 8 year relationship is hanging by a thread. Last night he admitted that he doesn't know if he loves me. He sees everything as my fault and vice versa. I'm truly not sure what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• reconnect. My husband and I have been together for over 5 years and when we got pregnant with our twins our relationship which was amazing before went to hell...we had to get away and remind ourselves why we love each other. So go! Get someone to watch your kids for a little while...maybe see if grandparents or someone can watch them for a couple of nights...and then go out. Just remind yourselves why you love each other...no cell phone, no internet...just you and him
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 12:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Read the book called "LOVE AND RESPECT", and apply all you read there. Don't nag, act lovingly and respectfully, really listen to what your man is telling you. Try to change how you respond to him..trust me, I'm not telling you that your man is perfect and has no flaws..but I think that it's really sad that so many marriages that could be saved fall by the wayside. Buy this book today, and you will learn how to better communicate with your man..and if desired you could also check into getting some marriage couseling. Wishing the best for you and your husband's future together. Have faith!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The BEST thing you can do is remind him WHY he fell in love with you to begin with.Go on dates, reconnect.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would take some of his money & go to Europe...then I'd divorce him when i got back.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Have you read THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES by Gary Chapman? It brilliantly speaks to situations just like yours, and it can be had for less than 10 bucks. In the meantime, I would be doing everything in my power to show him that he is loved. In order to do that, you have to know what makes him feel loved. If you don't know for sure what that is, ask him. One of the larger keys to a successful marriage is to remember that it's more about what you give than it is about what you get. The minute one starts thinking only about him/herself, things start to go downhill in a big ole hurry. Go get busy giving and showing him some real love, and my guess is he will remember why he does love you after all.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• "I would take some of his money & go to Europe...then I'd divorce him when i got back."

huh? lol why Europe?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You know, that's a tough one sweets. If I were you, I would suggest counseling. This whole " love you but NOT inlove with you" crap is just an excuse. Best of luck.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• lol, IDK why....i just really want to go there...but i think time to yourself to think is a great thing during these kinds of situations.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• he must of fell out of love. Maybe he fell in love with someone else and thats why but maybe not, if not and he just fell out of love...i doubt he wants to stay in a loveless marriage, there's not much you can fix there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You have to decide whether or not your relationship worth fighting for and he needs to decide if he wants to fight with you or against you. Unfortunately, if he decides he wants out, then the best thing you can do is cut your losses and go. There's nothing to be gained from trying except more heartache.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011