Throat Cancer (update from old post)

I went to the doctor for the symptoms I was having. Sore throat, hoarse voice, pain in neck and headaches. Well I had another endoscopy done (3rd one in 6 months). Anyway, they showed me the difference in the pics from the last one I had. Evidently I had some cells there. They did a biopsy of my stomach and my esophagus. Turns out I have some cancer cells. I got the results of the biopsies back last week. They are benign for the time being.I have to keep my GERD under control as this is one of the things that causes cancer if left untreated. I am still having some pain in my throat and the hoarse voice is still there. So I am taking this one day at a time. The headaches are not as bad so I am thinking that the headaches are from something else. I am under lot of stress these days. Thanks for the prayers you wonderful ladies have sent sent my way! God Bless!

mommyoftwins213

Asked by mommyoftwins213 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• Hugs, I hope you get getter.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• God Bless you mama!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• God bless u!!!! R u taking something for your gerd?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Hugs. My mom is Stage II Barretts and she's been that way for years. It's not an easy thing to deal with.
    onix

Answer by onix at 12:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes I am on prilosec 2 times a day however at times I forget to take it and then by the time I realize that I forgot it is too late. I also take mylanta like it is nothing.
    mommyoftwins213

Comment by mommyoftwins213 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Hugs. My mom is Stage II Barretts and she's been that way for years. It's not an easy thing to deal with

I am so sorry to hear that !!!! What is the difference between stage 1 and stage 2?
    mommyoftwins213

Comment by mommyoftwins213 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• bump
    mommyoftwins213

Comment by mommyoftwins213 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• How many milligrams is the prilosic?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it is 25 milligrams and I take it twice a day. Is there something else you know of over the counter I can get?
    mommyoftwins213

Comment by mommyoftwins213 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes,prevacid! 2 aDay. Take them at the same time. Before u eat anything.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011