Does anyone know how to start mentoring or guess speaking at schools? or would crocheting different things earn me more money? how about blogging?

i am looking for a way to make some money whether it be baby sitting or blogging, i have many hobbies and would love to hear opinions from anyone. i am a housewife who is tired of being a housewife lol and i would like to make some money or have some kind of income before my daughter arrives in october...anyone???????

BabiWhite1011

Asked by BabiWhite1011 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It sounds like you know how to do alot! Have you ever thought about starting a class to teach people how to sew, crochet or knit? I would love to know how to do any of it? You could start with a weekly thing for girls, how wonderful it would be to teach kids these "lost arts".. You could also hire your self out to make custom baby blankets!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If you want to make money in your local area, you might begin by researching what resources are available within a reasonable commute of your home. Guest speakers are not always paid, check to see if the schools or summer programs you would speak at or mentor in have the funding to pay for this service. Many schools are financially strapped right now. If you want to sell crafts, like crochet items, see what venues are available near you. Is there a craft fair coming, or a local county fair that offers opportunities for you to sell your stuff? If so, what (if anything) do they charge for you to sell there? What kinds of items are in demand in your area? Once you find a market for what you're prepared to do, then go for it. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would PAY!! to get lessons on how to crochet.. I have always wanted to learn how to but nobody wants to teach me. You could go the route of giving lessons you would be surprised at how many things that are out there that people would pay to learn how to do, like piano, cooking, sewing, quilting,knitting,even singing/voice lessons or cake decorating.
    you could also walk dogs. my bff has a sister in law that makes $15 an hour per dog she walks.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thank you everyone for your ideas i think i could manage teaching crochet i mean i am not the best most of what i have learned recently i learned on youtube lol but i dont think it would be that hard. i also write and do other things as well. so should i like rent a space to use or maybe i could do it in someone's home on the weekends or something. i was thinking maybe advertising on craigslist thats the only site i know to promote at the moment and fb! but thank you i appreciate everyones ideas.

with that being said anyone in the md area need a nanny or a baby sitter???
    BabiWhite1011

Comment by BabiWhite1011 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Teach classes and start selling stuff at a booth.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• By the way, dh and I do some presentations in the schools and it's hard to get in. They will usually approach us.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2011