Question about Jello "poke cake"

I made a white cake to make a jello poke cake thinking I had a box of strawberry jello, but I don't. I do have a box of chocolate pudding. Do you think I could make it with chocolate pudding instead. For those of you who don't know what a Jello poke cake is...you make a white cake, poke a few holes about halfway through the cake and then pour the Jello on top and chill. I'm just wondering how pudding would do instead of jello if I poured it immediately after I mixed the pudding...thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't think you would get the same results...but it is worth a try! Let us know what happens:)
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 11:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• For the pudding you use the end of a wooden spoon to poke the holes the refrige. It's awesome!!!!!!!!
    daps

Answer by daps at 11:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sorry then refirge
    daps

• My gf did that once and it was a mess. It's worth a trioip to pick up the jello
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• OK I need to step away from the keyboard can't type.
    daps

Answer by daps at 11:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i think it would be really messy, the jello works because its thin and soaks up into the cake, i think the pudding would get thick and sit there
    TaraRichelle

Answer by TaraRichelle at 12:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think that sounds awesome actually & think you should try it. I would just use less milk.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You make the pudding as you normally would. The bigger holes allows the pudding to go into the cake, also some sits on top like a frosting, again you do need to refrig.
    daps

Answer by daps at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• daps

Answer by daps at 12:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think that would be delish!!!!!!!!!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011