Am I right or wrong

I have a wiccan sister who I love with all my heart and being Christian according to other Christians including members of our own family I should not associate with her because she is not a believer. I don't push my faith on her although she knows how I feel about my faith and she doesn't push hers on me becuse I know how she feels about my faith she believes that christians are pushy and try to force their faith on others whether others believe or not, I have seen that with some christians. Other members of my family have even called my sister evil, they think because she doesn't believe in the same God we do that she is evil,she no more evil than I am. my question to real christians not the holier than thou christians is as a christian am I really suppose to avoid or denounce my own sister just because we don't believe the same way. please give me proof either way. The God that I worship I know is a loving God and although I do wish she did believe the same way I do i know that I could never bring her to my way of believing by shoving Jesus down her throat I would have to show her by example. so am I wrong as a christian to not denounce my sister just because we have diffrent beliefs.

Die4Jesus

Asked by Die4Jesus at 11:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think Jesus ever denounced anyone because they weren't Jewish. I say, especially since you are a Christian, following Jesus's example is probably your best bet.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I came from a family that is a mix of various religions, and why Politics and religion was NEVER talked about at family functions (it was an actual rule, hahaha)...

You can still love your sister! Who told you that you couldn't?!?! My husband has a couple of cousins on his dad's side, both women, and one is gay... the straight cousin is a practicing Catholic, and actually stood up for her gay sister in the church during a function. I think it has more to do with your better judgement? The cousin who is gay never used foul language, doesn't believe in PDA (she doesn't like it for gay or straight), never pushed her lifestyle onto others... she is a good person morally/ethically, just different in one aspect

If we pushed away everyone that was "different" from us... we'd be alone! Not even those sharing a pew are the same carbon copies
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think you should accept and love your sister no matter what her beliefs are, i believe if others are telling you to disown her as well then that says something about them. I always thought that wiccan's were bad people but i have learned differently after learning a little about it, sure they believe different then i do but thats ok because that is thier choice and it doesn't make them evil in any way. If you have questions about her religion why not have her explain it to you, she will be able to do it better then anybody else that doesn't really understand it. Do you believe your sister is a bad person because of this? sounds like you do not so just accept her the way she accepts you for your beliefs.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't believe you should "denounce" her and I certainly don't believe you should avoid contact with her. As a follower of Christ, you know that he did associate with sinners, and by His example, we should also associate with them. The Bible says that we are to be "in the world, but not of it." At the same time, I believe that you should give God the credit that is due Him for your own salvation and not necessarily avoid the subject altogether. You can certainly share what Christ has done in your own life without telling your sister how she ought to live hers. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. The Bible admonishes us to life up the name of Christ and we are to give Him honor for the transformations He has made in our lives. To do otherwise dishonors Him. I would pray and ask God to use me as He sees fit in the life of my sister and to give me the words that He would have me speak to her.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Depending on who you ask, well you'll get a variety of answers some confirming what your family states, others in agreeance with you. I say trust your own feeling on the issue. And when in doubt just remember it was Jesus himself that said that you should love your neighbor as yourself. Depending on how YOU interpret that statement should lead you on what you feel is right
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think it's a shame your family is so close-minded to other beliefs. Please continue to love and support her. With any luck, some of your family members might join you.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thank you I was our sister and mother who doesn't think I should associate with her because she is evil because she doesn't believe and they are the one's who send her christian emails and tell her if she doesn't believe in christ she will go to hell and if i don't tell her that then i don't love her as much as i say i do. i know that in my belief but i still don't believe i should shove that down her throat and no i don't want her to go to hell but when they push her she will never even think about the christian faith again
    Die4Jesus

Comment by Die4Jesus (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think you should tell anyone who gives you a hard time about her, that is for God to judge, not for me!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• What religion is your family?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would denounce my family lol. Seriously, I wouldn't have anything to do with people that are that close minded.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011