Have you ever had to "fire" your kids pediatrician because the nursing staff is so incompetent and RUDE?

I am still steaming over last weeks incident with the nursing staff at my childrens PREVIOUS pediatricians office. We've been taking our children there for a little over 2 years now.The first few times that we went, both my dh and I got a bad vibe from them..I should have followed our gut intincts and just found a new clinic THEN.
The nurses are always rude.There is only ONE nurse there that is nice..when I would see that she was in..I would feel relief.
I'm not a rude person, and I bite my tongue often.I realize sometimes..people are just having a bad day. But man...they finally just topped it off but not giving my 11 year old son the emergent help that he needed. He is on adderall and he has to have a monthly prescription given to him...there are no refills on that because its a narcotic.I pick up the script each month. Well, I call in to ask for it.They gave me the hardest time, said he needed a follow up but his dr wasn't in. The problem was ... my son was scheduled to leave out of state on Sunday!I begged these people to let another dr see him, surely there was something they could do in this situation.Know what she suggests? Get another dr. out of state. IGNORANT FREAKING PEOPLE.1st of all...Arkansas is not in our health care coverage area.2nd of all...I doubt an out of state dr. is going to just hand over a prescription to an unknown patient WITHOUT his mother.
Theres more to it than this but I won't bore you.I am just fuming this morning because I am searching for another pediatrician for my kids right now and needed a break from the phone.I told them to take all 3 of my kids off thier roster.And you know what else?They have Saturday appointments...and I asked about that..could I please bring him in on Saturday then...she said NO..ITS FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY....WELL HELLO!!!!!!
UGH! So my son had to leave on Sunday for Arkansas and now he will spend an entire 2 months without his medication.
I just don't get it...arent medical professional people supposed to be kind, compassionate, understanding HELPFUL,NOT RUDE. I mean...if she talked to me with a little respect, and understanding..I may not have gotten so upset.She just would not try to figure out a way to help at all.She acted like myself and my family were just replaceable parts to a machine rather than PEOPLE, PATIENTS. Unbelieveable.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Not my doctor's office but I had to fire my dentist. He was great but his staff was horrible and his billing office made me feel terrible about my insurance coverage. I eventually had to face the dentist because he went to our church and he was really confused why we left. When I told him about his staff he was concerned. We didn't go back but a few months later he separated from his partner and opened his own practice. I also had to have a confrontation with one of my OB's because when our genetic testing showed my son would be born with Down Syndrome his nurses first words were to schedule our abortion. She ended up getting fired and my son was not born with Down Syndrome. If you really like the doctor you should make an appointment to speak to him about his staff. If things don't change you can always file a report with the state medical board.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 2:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i did because of the nursing staff and another one due to the pedi, both places i liked one but not the other. i guess they were trying to make up for the rudeness of th other person/people.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Do you go to the same hospital as me? Lol.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Don't tlet you kid go without the medication, start calling EVERY clinic in your area, and I would place a phone call to your current doctor so you can tell him about your experience!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Wow- what a mess! I haven't ever fired a pediatrician because of the nursing staff, but I did fire one because HE was rude and incompetent.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no. LOL. I haven't fired anyone. But my kids went to Air Force base clinics. You don't 'fire them'.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, but I have "fired" several allopathic (mainstream) doctors because of their incompetence, misinformation, and condescending attitudes.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2011