If you knew your husband was an ass, would you not have married him?

i am not married because of SO's asshole ways. it's literally the only thing that's stopping me from telling him my vows and marrying him. he proposed to me a long time ago, i just haven't had the desire to pursue it. i think it's a pretty important factor, this horrible personality trait, but he will never change. i guess i'm just waiting to see if i can handle it or not. until then, i'm reconsidering us and scoping it out. so if you knew your husband was an ass, would you not have married him?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have married him ass or not well because I"m a bitch & if he's willing to deal with me, he can't be that much of an ass. We're just perfect for each other! :)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Why in the world are you with someone that is an ass??? I would not have married my husband if he were, and I knew him well enough by the time we married that I knew he was not.

Answer by missanc at 12:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I knew my husbands flaws when I married him. I don't regret it. Even when he's being a jerk, he's the jerk for me. The good parts more than make up for the bad.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• well that's cool
    wish i was a mean ole bitch
    i really do then ppl wouldn't mess with me
    i'm more of a passive type, like don't say a word and walk away!
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If I had know how abusive he was I would not have married.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Well my DH isn't an ass but IF he would've been before we got married I wouldn't have married him, actually I would've left him I want to be with someone who will respect me & love me & not be a jerk. So I don't recommend you marrying your SO if he's an ass it's not going to be a good marriage. GL!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• cuz most the time i can "put up with it"
    but why should i have to put up with anything?
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not only would I not marry an ass, I wouldn't be their SO either.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My dh can be every once in a while, but the good outweighs the bad by FAR, you should ask yourself does the good outweigh the bad, make up your mind soon or you'll waste your life away when you could be sharing your life with the person that you're meant to be with, whether it's him or someone else.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no i wouldnt of married him...but when i did marry him, i was on my 2nd child and i hardly knew he was going to eventually turn out to be the way he is now, he has high jealousy and talks down to me like im a child but thats after 10 years worth and i still put up with it. I dont really love him as much as i did then though.

hope that helps, i think marriage just says you dont have other options other then to be with your husband and thats it. If you dont like the way he is now, he is not going to change for the better just because your married
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011