What usually happens at a preschool home visit?

My daughter was just accepted into preschool, and they sent a letter saying they will do a home visit at the end of July...

What do they do at a home visit? Do they like, inspect your house? look in the cabinets? or do they just come to meet you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That is new to me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• What??? I have never heard of such a thing? What kind of pre-school is this? My Son is in Pre-school & everything is done (paperwork) at the Pre-school. Call & ask them why the have to come to your home. That is very strange.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i don't know my dd got eccepted to and also will do a home visit I am not sure what they do either
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Often times they like to see how your child acts in the home,what makes him or her comfortable,what discipline tactics work for your child,favorite snacks. Simple stuff it's all good and they get on more personal level with your child.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• So basically they just come in and talk then?

My friend whos son was in a different preschool said they came and wanted to see his room, the kitchen, bathroom and they also sat and talked, and then they had to cook something ( like my friend, her son, and the woman) made cookies... ??

I am just wanting to know so i will be prepared
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• oh you didn't hear they look through everything and see what types of food you have...hehee, J/K

Yeah they just visit and talk with you about any concerns you may have and they observe your child it is no big deal really
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• wheresthewayout that is what I am afriad of ! lol....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• When the teacher came for my son's home visit it was about 1/2 way thru the year. All I can remember her doing was sitting on the couch talking to us--kinda' like a parent teacher conference but at our house. Before she left my son asked her if she wanted to see his room so she took a peak in there. That was all--it lasted about 30 minutes.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• most preschools just do a home visit to meet you and the child and to go over any paperwork they may have for you to sign
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 6:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011