Silent treatment

go back to a time when you were REALLY frustrated and hurt by hubby.
i know things are good for the most of you, but SOME of us are SUFFERING!
i want to know what you think of the silent treatment and does it work to ease my own pain?
every time we try to "talk it out" it blows up into a huge fight.
this morning he called my name but i didn't answer. im scared to open my mouth plus i don't want to! tell me what you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Giving some the silent treatment isn't a mature way to handle the situation. Write down your feelings and let him read it first if you don't know where to start. If you send him an email or something it may also be good, so he has time to digest the information before he comes home so you can talk. But you need to talk it out if you're ever going to resolve the problem - silence is just wasting time.

Answer by missanc at 12:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think its hard to be silent when I'm angry and I feel like I have so much to say but in the end...when I do that I am usually happy I did because once the anger passes, we are able to talk more nicely to eachother about the problem and we are more ready to listen what the other one has to say. Its kinda like a "time out" for us.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• dually noted, thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• hugs

Communication is one of the "foundations" of a good marriage! Along with trust and the rest... but if you want a good marriage, it has to be set on a good foundation. ~*Hugs*~... even if it means talking when you'd rather be mad/right

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It's immature but I give my husband the silent treatment all the time...not because I'm trying to get a reaction out of him but because at the time I honestly don't want to talk to him and I want him to leave me alone...although it DOES get results since he can't stand for me to not talk to him... I'm not condoning it as a way to deal with getting into a fight because like I said it IS immature I'm just saying what I do.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thanks for being honest everyone! really really appreciate it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Believe it or not but you might things most of our relationships are good but I guarantee every one has their problems. Silent treatment doesn't work cause it doesn't solve anything. You need to sit down and tell him you call a truce. Tell him that you are done fighting with him and both of you need to sit down and communicate like adults. Tell him that if the marriage is going to work then you both need to learn to express yourselves when getting angry. If you start raising voices and getting angry just tell him that you are walking away and once you both are calm then you can continue the conversation. My husband and I has had this issue in the past and it almost led to us leaving eachother.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011