Does it matter if I buy the "cheap" pregnancy tests?

I just want to know if buying the cheap ones would be that much of a difference...because if it is then I will go with the name brand one. Just looking to save a little, but not at the expence of not getting a good read. Thanks ladies.

iLuVmYMaDiSoN07

Asked by iLuVmYMaDiSoN07 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope, they work just as well. Dollar store tests are just fine, even.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I always bought cheap ones and they always worked.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• it doesnt matter i used a doller store test and it came back pos and i was pregnant.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• no it doesn't matter i took cheap one and expensive ones and they were both right +
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No, it doesn't matter and in fact some of the cheaper ones are more sensitive than the expensive ones.
    Check out this site to see how sensitive some of the most popular ones are:
    http://www.babyhopes.com/pages.php?pageid=12
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Their all the same, your paying for the name brand! just to make sure it works I wouldn't try it until after your first missed period. Everyone has different HCG levels and they won't usually pick up anything less than 25.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• cheeap ones work just as well with my son I used the walmart brand and it showed up before I was done.
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 5:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I used the dollar store ones with my kids and actually noticed they pick up at 25 were as the brand names pick up at 50 so you have to be further along with the name brand ones.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If you are waiting until you've actually missed a period, I'd say they should all be about the same level of accuracy.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• The Dollar Store ones are actually better than a lot of the name brands. As PP said, they pick up hcG at 25, which is better than a lot of the more expensive ones. Also, you can use two of them if you don't trust the results and still spend less money than with one of the other tests.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008