Smoking pot and parenting adult content

Ok well i want to know whats your view on this. My BIL and his baby mama, are always high. They smoke when they have their with them and they don't care. I have been at the house they stay at and a man lit a pipe right in front of my son as we were walkign inside i was furious. I personally think if you are going to smoke it then stay away from your children. I know i would not want my babies to see me high. I may sound like a prude but hey i dont want my kids to ask me what is that i was smoking outside and why are my eyes red and puffy. So whats your view on this. And btw i am not dissing pot smoking. I used to be a huge pot head but i had my babies and its not for me anymore.

Mommyto2127

Asked by Mommyto2127 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I don't think people should do it in front of and around their kids. I hate it when they do that. I used to smoke as well, but would NEVER around my son. I quit before I got pregnant with him anyway.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would call CPS if drugs and drug paraphernalia is out in a child's reach. I would have called in front of them.

Anonymous

• Call cps,that is no environment for kids. U should have turned and left as soon as u saw that.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Save it for when the kids or in bed or at a sitter's.
    Not too difficult.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm against exposing kids to second hand smoke of any kind.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yea well my BIL and his baby mama have rolled one while she was in the room andsmoke it on the front porch while shes in the house and i am sure if she comes out they dc they are awful about it! And i do wanna call CPS but it would cause a whole lot of drama btwn us.
    Mommyto2127

Comment by Mommyto2127 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Personally, I don't think parents should be smoking pot at all, but if you are going to do it anyway, DON'T DO IT AROUND THE KIDS! It's really not that hard. I won't even let anyone smoke cigarettes in front of my kids. I don't let anyone drink around them either.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We just had a toddler in my area admitted to the hospital for ingestion of medical marijuana. If people enjoy smoking it on occasion, fine, but should NEVER be anywhere near kids
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have no issues with people or parents who choose to smoke pot. Personally it always made me mean. But if someone chooses to do it, I say use the same rules you would if it were alcohol. If you wouldn't drink and try and care for your kids (of course I mean more than a drink with dinner) then you shouldn't smoke pot and try and care for your kids... IT's really that simple.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• 1. there is a difference between having a drink and a joint in front of your kids. kids cannot get 'second hand' drunk, but they can ingest second hand pot smoke.

2. Personally i don't smoke anything, ever. Nor do i drink more than 2 (for me that's my line). I beleive good parenting is responsibility. Even if you go outside and smoke your joint, you are still not in a frame of mind to take care of parenting issues (same goes for over drinking- and one drink or two is not over drinking, getting drunk is).

3. What kind of example are you setting? Yes, Medical pot is legal, but it's a joke how easy it is to get it. Drinking is legal, and if done responsibly, is teaching your kids to be responsible with adult legal privliges. If your are really ill and pot helps releive the pain, then you need to be responsible about it too. Same as perscription drugs. If you are not ill and using pot, you are breaking the current laws.
    Anonymous