Colors to paint kitchen cabinets ..

I have white kitchen cabinets and I am tired of them...I want to paint them a new color but cant figure what color/ colors to do...

I have thought of doing like a robins egg blue, red, or tan... but I just want some other options...

I like cottagy things and i am not afriad of color ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• robins egg blue
    deep yellow
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Tan - I like earth tones.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I painted my cabinets in my old house cottage style and I loved my kitchen! I did a cream on the top cabinets, mocha (like coffee with cream on the walls) and the bottom cabinets green. It was a brighter green than sage..it was called guacamole. my counter tops were neutral tan speckled. It was the most relaxing room in the house. I added pops of orange in the fabrics.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

•  

The green was more how it looked behind my moms shoulder. It looks brighter in the rest ofthe kitchen but i think thats just the lighting from the camera.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• oh thanks ria I love that idea.... the color i want for my walls is also kind of a darker brown ( well maybe like a brown, grey color - its called darby creek) ... so that is why I thought of doing them tan or a cream color... I want something alot more welcoming and nicer than stark white!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My friend tried to paint his red but it is really hard to get good coverage with red paint. I would not recommend trying it! Mine were really old dark wood before I painted them. It's a tiny room but it brighted it up alot!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• here are some ideas that i have found :

( robins egg blue and cream)

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i also picked a green ( kind of sag-y) and a coral color, but I would know how to use them together without making it too funky lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Mine are white too. I'm also very bored with my kitchen.
    Hmm...Go red! lol, I love red kitchens for some reason. Not a bright red but a beautiful deep chili pepper red by Behr...here's the link: Chili Pepper at the bottom.
    http://www.materials-world.com/paint-colors/behr/behr-colorsmart/behr-colorsmart-05.htm
    Let us know or show us pics ? I'm a DIY'er and love CHANGES, :D
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I love how they added waynescoating (sp?) to the cabinets. I love the antiqued look of all of those kitchens! The red is pretty but ask at home depot before attempting it. I think what you really need is a colored primer to do the reds but they do take more coats.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011