How interested are you in video games

I could care less and it is hard to pretend to be interested when my son goes on and on about the games he plays...I know I'm a bad mom for pretending to be interested instead of genuinely interested.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• I like a couple of them but....I do not like the way they get kids 'hooked' so fast and furiously!!
    You really have to have control. My DH even started to notice himself wanting to play more and more so, he quit.
    IDK,...there's just somethiing about that 'instant gratification' that gets everyone hooked on playing and it's creating such a problem with our youth today.
    I didn't buy my girls any game systems but...my SS has one that he brings here. His life is very, very sad because of it. He's like a recluse at his home (with his mother), she's happy, she has a babysitter 24/7. We limit his time here but then he pouts.
    Grrr...not a good thing if you're not a strong person with sort of thing.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ~*Giggles*~... I like playing them myself, but mine are more PG... my son that is turning 16 soon plays more kinds than I do, and even though I love playing them... I can care less about some of the ones he does... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I love to play video games. They are a lot of fun.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No interest at all.
    I love Solitaire tho. LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it depend !!! im like interested 10% in general .. but prefer the cute lile cartoon lolll the easy game ...like buildin games or mario or the new one teh wii .. i like gutar hero as well ..
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I liked video games 10 yrs ago and would have friends over and it was great back in the day when I was young and full of life, lol
    Now I'm older and less fun :P
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Gaming is a way of life for us. Hubby is a serious gamer and I kinda got sucked in as well. But it's not like I sit there all day playing lol
    My boys are still little, they don't play. My 5 yo shows interest and I can't wait to play Lego Batman or Little Big Planet with him! It will be something to do on rainy days ;)
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yeah I tried to play lego Batman but my son would just chase me around, I would get lost I don't know lol, maybe I'm just not cut out to play with a silly young man and his video games. He "toys" with me when I try to play so I don't then he talks my ear off about it
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am a total Sims 3 freak. However my monitor on my laptop crapped out so it's being fixed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I love playing them. I love the Lego ones the best and I am also working through the Assassin's Creed ones when I need to destress.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 1:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011