If you have been IN a wedding....

How much of a wedding gift did you give to the bride and groom?

DH, myself, and our 2 kids are in TWO weddings this summer. My brother's and my SIL's.
I've had to pay for 2 dresses, 2 tuxes, shoes, and the hotel rooms. Thankfully the FG dresses were handled - whew!!.

Anyway how much of a gift is expected from people in the bridal party? I've given so much $$ as it is for these two weddings (money is TIGHT). How much did YOU give????? How much would you give??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I was a maid of honor in one and I gave them 100$. Can you give each 50$?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I thought the fact that u agreed to be part of the wedding party was the gift.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think you've given enough. A thoughtful card and a picture frame would be okay also.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I agree with Dahis.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would just let them both know that with the expenses you can't give anything else. I'm sure they'll understand. My bf was my moh and she had to fly, get a hotel, buy her dress, etc...so I didn't expect nor receive a monetary or otherwise gift from her. Just having her here was enough for me. Weddings aren't supposed to be about the money.
    chnkychic76

Answer by chnkychic76 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was in a wedding in march and it sure does get expensive! I think $100 if you can afford it, which you said you can't so $50 is a good gift too.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I gave my BFF a beautiful peace rose (size of a small dinner plate) from my rose garden when I was her Matron of Honor at her last wedding.

Why do some think it's all about the amount of money you spend?? Or even yet, think spending $100 for a gift is nothing and everyone should be able to do that?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have been in 5 weddings and gave a gift in each one....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Ohh and in all but one, I gave equiv to around $100. The other was my very best friend and I gave her around a $250. gift....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was thinking also, instead of cash, personalized picture frames for each, with their name and wedding date on them. That would be more affordable for us too. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011