I know this question is a touchy when it comes to pregnancy and to expecting mothers, but i want views on women drinking the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy. i talked to my doctor about it, and he told me that his wife had 2 glasses of wine every friday when she was pregnant, and his children came out beautiful. what are your thoughts?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm prego and I'd love to have a glass but my thought is.... why risk it?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My Dr. said red wine was fine, as long as you don't get real buzzed. He said i could have 1-2 glasses every night...i didn't drink any though because i don't like wine.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think people who are dumb enough to drink during pregnancy shouldnt be allowed to have kids. That to me is stupid. Why out toxins in your body when you know what ever you eat or drink goes directly to your baby. That goes with people who smoke and do drugs also. Those type of people make me want to punch them in the face, but hey thats just my opinion lol
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Put*
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think a glass of wine every now and then during pregnancy is bad, however, I didn't drink at all during my pregnancy, I know people can be 'OTT' about these things, but when your growing a baby inside you, why risk doing anything to harm it?
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• ~*Honestly*~.... considering medical studies have proven that booze hurts their brains more than physical aspects... I personally would't chance it with my own kids... and if other drink and mess up their kids see it as an advantage for my kids! Hahahaha

There are millions of people in this world and if others help give my child a chance to be on that higher curb... and they have a doctor backing them, let them follow their "beliefs"?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think that to have a glass of wine or a beer once in awhile during pregnancy is ok.I think weekly is excessive,honestly.But like for a special occassion or just one night to destress is alright. I drank a glass of wine or a beer (just one!) about 2-3 times during each of my 3 pregnancies. It just doesnt feel right,really to drink a lot while pregnant..I can just visualize a bouncing,drunk baby in my womb, LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My thoughts are that it is a risk...and why take an unnecessary risk? If you can't go 9 months without drinking alcohol, well.....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I personally didn't risk it. No judgement to those who do/did!! It's not worth it to me. I would sacrifice alcohol for 9 months to help ensure my child would be given the best chance to be healthy. My mom drank with all 4 of us, and we are fine, but we know more now. I think it affects some women and fetuses differently, so you can't compare apples to oranges. :)
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I didn't and don't think it's worth the risk. I even stopped drinking when we were trying to conceive. I knew a boy who had FAS and felt terribly for him, he also had other health concerns.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011