Is there a wrong way to pray?

mmnjp03

Asked by mmnjp03 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. Not in my opinion, but i'm sure someone will come along and tell you if you dont pray this way or that you'll go to hell. The fact you even try counts in God's sight. Pray however you are comfortable talking to God. He ALWAYS listens.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you can pray however...
    tierrarutledge

Answer by tierrarutledge at 1:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I don't think so. There are wrong things to ask for, but as long as you are talking to God I bet he's happy about it.

An example of a wrong thing to ask for would be an example from my childhood. I was overweight as a kid and I would pray for God to make me thin by morning. God knew my anguish, but that's just not going to happen!
    ThatHippie

Answer by ThatHippie at 1:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Pour your heart out to God he enjoys it just like I enjoy it when my children talk to me. Just be respectful and remember He loves you. He even knows just what you need when you don't know what to say to him and can only cry. God loves you and wants what is best for you even whenyou don't understand and are misjudging him. I would love to hear you out and be your friend my God is a great God and wants what is best for you even when you can't see it!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 1:20 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I also do not think God will solve any problem you are capeable of solving on your own.  I.E. weight loss, winning the lottery things like that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Prayer is simple. If you can ask this question than you can talk to God. Prayer is talking with God. He hears his children and loves them very much. He is there with you even when you don't think you need him. Just talk to him. There is also no such thing as an unanswered prayer. Sometimes the answer is just no. But he does listen and he does answer.
    godservant

Answer by godservant at 1:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• In Mathew chapter 6 Jesus says talks a little bit about the wrong and right ways to pray. Mostly I think that your heart just needs to be in the right place. A selfish prayer probably wouldn't get you far :o) But I don't think that's what you had in mind. The bible also talks about(James chapter 1) asking God for wisdom and then doubting that He'll give it to you, and how if that's the case you're like the "waves of the sea, blowing back and forth" and you shouldn't expect anyhthing from that prayer. You can also read the first 12 verses of Luke chapter 11. There are some pretty good verses there.
    DpaigeP

Answer by DpaigeP at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Prayer is talking to God. There is now wrong or right way to pray. Its like havinga converstaion with someone and if you actually listen he will talk back (dont expect a voice or anything like that) but he will answer you in his own way.
    mozerchick

Answer by mozerchick at 2:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i have some very strong opinions on God and prayer. i would have to agree with Vicky--Vbruno. i'll also add that churches--from all religions-- tend to give people wrong ideas about God, and God really cannot be defined, by any human means. i think he would be gald to hear form you--no matter what you say. he is all about grace, he is all about love.
    UTZY

Answer by UTZY at 2:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• some religios say yes, but to me ur relationship with god is personal. pray however u want. i really dont think that if god is as forgiving as people say that he would mind.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2008