What would you do?

Ok so I called my doc office because i have beenhaving A LOT of pain and asked if there was anyway to be seen tomorrow. I have an appt tueday but anyway. And the nurse said "didnt she just see you" i said yeah but that was a week ago and they have gotten worse. she was just very rude and mean and acted like my pain didnt matter. so in the end she didnt even try to gt me and appt. for tomorrow or anything. she didnt even ask the dr. what she would suggest. They are really rude everytime i see them. Thats why i never call them when i have a problem i just deal with it but it is just bad. I'm going to go to the hospital when my hubby get back. But what would you do about the drs office? I mean she didnt have to be so rude. Oh and im 35 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a problem like that when we found out I was pregnant and when my mom, husband, and I all went for the first appointment. Everything was fine until I got to see the doctor. When he talked to me.. He didn't even look at me. He wouldn't give me a chance to ask questions. And worst of all when he did my pap smear, I kept telling him he was hurting me and he didn't seem to care too much. Everyone kept telling me to relax and I couldn't because of the doctor. I was about ready to snap cause he wouldn't listen to me.. Then once we talked to people we heard that we weren't the only ones with that problem, so we found a different doctor. But in your case I would contact your hospital and tell them what is going on. Or if the office has a supervisor I'd talk to them. Since I'm sure you've had that doctor your whole pregnancy and he knows what is going on, it would be too late to change doctors now.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would lodge a complaint with your doctor. They need to take you seriously.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i would complain, or find a new one. its important to feel welcomed at your doc.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would tell the doctor.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Discomfort is normal towards the end of pregnancy- I'm 34 weeks prego with number three and I'm uncomfortable quite a bit but I don't call my ob's office for it. The discomfort is increasing and will increase but that is not a sign that you are about to deliver. I'm not saying that the receptionist has an excuse for being rude to you but unless you are having contractions that could be causing you to dilate there probably isn't any reason why you have to be seen right away. They are probably booked for tomorrow and would like to reserve emergency appointments for moms who are having contractions or might be in labor.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• They are probably booked for tomorrow and would like to reserve emergency appointments for moms who are having contractions or might be in labor.

thank i didnt know that. I dont call or go to the hospital for just anything either. the IS CONTRACTIONS. and when she saw me last week i was at 1cm
    Anonymous

• oh and thanks to the others I will talk to her about it wheni go on tuesday
    Anonymous