Why does a sergant from the U.S. government keep calling my house asking to speak to my 18 year old son?

My son is not interested in the millitary, so why do they keep calling, my son won't call them back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Did he fill out something at a recruiters office?? Or look at something online? He might need to call them back to get his name off a list!
    Evie3

Answer by Evie3 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He needs to tell them himself that he's not interested and to remove him from their call list. They won't accept it from you. If he tells them, they're required to stop calling.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Your son may have filled something out from a recruiter, unknowingly. He should call back and tell them to stop calling.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, he didn't. He's never gone near a recruitment office or did anything on line
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Why do you think they are calling Momma? He may have spoken to them and now is on their list. He has to tell him he does not intend to join. They will keep calling until he does that.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Maybe he should speak to the man and kindly tell him he is not interested in the military and to please stop calling him. That is what my son did.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Tell him that you would like your number taken off of their list and say you're on the "do not call list", even if you're not.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I just don't understand why they have to harass people, if someone wants to join the millitary they will contact them themselves, I just feel like yelling at the guy the next time he calls.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• When I was in high school we had a recruiter that was always there during lunch. I don't know where he got my number but he did. He knew things about me, my friends, just by asking other people questions. He called everyone in our class and just put info together. I am guess the school gave him all our numbers. But as soon as I talked to him and said I wasn't interested he stopped calling. I had to talk to him, not my mom.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My son just finished his first year of college, in high school, they contacted and he told them that he wasn't interested. I would think that that would be the end of it, unless he contacts them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2011