It is so frustrating to write people messages on Facebook and Yahoo and they never answer back, why do people feel they can just ignore their so called friends

I have this one "friend" she never writes me. I even write to her and ask her if she is mad or just doesn't like me still she never writes me back.
I even have a step daughter who will not write me back. That really pisses me off because she was homeless and me and her dad paid for a hotel for 2 months until she found a place, well now she is supposed to be moving again but won't answer me when I message her.
I have even messaged her mother in law and she won't get back to me.
I'm always polite and nice and just bugs me that people won't bother to get back to me

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand your frustration and even hurt when this happens. I think a quick message via FB or e-mail is a polite way ibn todays busy world of just checking in with someone you are thinking about while repecting todays busy world. It only takes a few seconds to respond to someone to let them know you appreciate their contacting you ad to just generally show some politeness. I guessfor some people this is just too much to expect. WHen this has happened to me I have not gotten rid of them as friends, but I have lessened my contact with them just so that I don't keep geeting hurt by it or irritated. Some people just lack general social kindness and eventually you might want to ask yourself if they are even worth keeping on those types of social networks. That way you aren't tempted to keep sending those messages that end up getting your feeling hurt repeatedly by the same people. Good Luck. I wish people could be more polite.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 1:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• People have lives and are busy. If she is about to be moving, she may have already had her Internet service cut. I would try calling instead of messaging. I personally like to respond by calls rather than an e-mail or message.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• There are many possible reasons, from lack of time to outright rudeness.. No one can answer for another. Cross that "friend" off your list.

Stepdaughter will contact you when she wants something, it seems.

Has nothing to do with YOU... has everything to do with THEM. Don't let it bother you. Find better friends. Not much to do for the stepdaughter.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no step daughter has interent she is on facebook all the time but just ignores me and for the friends they are always writing on everyone elses walls so it is not a matter of busy with their livf they just don't care as much as I would like them to
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011