7.2 week question...

My husband and I got into a huge fight. No hitting, just lots of yelling. I feel so bad now. I feel worried that I will miscarry because I got stressed and yelled. I feel bad for the baby... Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• stress is no good for a baby , that is for sure. are you going to miscarry because of one fight? no
    safi

Answer by safi at 1:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Stress doesn't cause miscarriage.

I do think that babies feel their mothers' emotions. There is some evidence that this is true. But life has stressors. If your baby never experiences stress he or she couldn't deal with life once born, you know? Just being hungry is stressful for a newborn.

Your baby is okay :) There are no guarantees, but the fight isn't going to hurt the little bean.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Unless the doctor has said you have an "at risk" pregnancy, you do not have to worry about stress causing a miscarriage. Even though the most miscarriages happen during the first 20 weeks, these are usually caused by developmental issues with the fetus rather than stress or other external factors.
    Kalic0

Answer by Kalic0 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I wouldnt worry about it. although stress isnt good for the baby, studies say it doesnt cause a miscarriage but later on in the pregnancy can cause delayed brain development.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no but i wouldnt make it a reguallr thing stress can cause you to go into early labor or miscarry but it has to be a constant stress not just one fight no matter how bad. a good example{ your parents of 20 year divorcing, your baby daddy leaving you and being unsupportive,your little sister getting married and moving 300 miles away, AND finally being the only one working ..yes im speaking from experience} just sit down and talk with him and tell him you dont want to get too stressed both for the baby and your marriage. you are hormonal and as my grandmother says just not thinking ratianolly now{ i know annoying to hear but sadly she is right}
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No but just try to stay stress free and let him know that its bad for the baby......
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2011