Giving meds!! cursing!! adult content

My step son whom is 5yrs old is supposed to be given a nasal spray every single morning cause is tonsils and adenoids are swollen. There swollen so bad that it effects his breathing and speech. He can barely open his mouth without his throat closing shut. She did not send his meds with us which is a normal habit of hers and when we asked her about it she said he didn't need it unless it was necessary. My DH called his allergist and they said he was to have it everyday. This shit is getting old. Either she's not giving him his meds or she gives him a year old prescription meds. I am so stick of dealing with stupid ass mothers. No one is perfect but this shit is common sense. Am I wrong for being pissed off and where can I look for info about making sure this doesn't happen again?

fancypantswife

Asked by fancypantswife at 1:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, I would be extremely pissed too! I would find him different doctor and never go back to her! I hope he will feel better soon though! :(
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 1:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• That would be very upsetting! If it were me I would make an appointment with my doctor/allergist and have the child examined and ask if they can write an Rx for the nasal spray and keep it at your house for SS to use. Sounds like mom either does not want to send his meds, or she is not taking the condition seriously enough. My son is on meds and everytime he goes to my mom or dad's for a few days I always make sure to either send his meds with him and sometimes even send extras for them to keep for the next time he is over.
    If this is an ongoing thing and she is not sending the required meds each time, then I would give serious thought to contacting the lawyer about this. The child's health should be #1 priority, and sounds like mom is slacking off in giving meds or making sure his meds are available.
    Maybe your husband could have it put in the visitation order that she MUST supply the meds each visit.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• She's neglecting him if she's not giving him meds he has to have. Your hubby has to talk to your case worker, or lawyer, or someone. More drastic, but you can also call CPS anonymously, because it is neglect.
    Anonymous