my daughter will be 10 months on the 20th. she doesnt crawl only scoots and when she stands she is wobbely

I didn't have her on the floor much. she does get around fast but doesnt actually get up on her knees . Does anyone else have that problem. the Dr said shes fine I just wanted a second or third opinion. thanks

harleygirl2475

Asked by harleygirl2475 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hey my dd will be 10 months on the 20 too my daughter started crawling when she was 4 or 5 months not scooting and what i did 2 encourage her was getting on the floor and showing her how 2 and if she wanted a toy i would make her get it 2 get her motivated and when she got closer i would move it further and she got the hang of it quick lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sounds fine. Crawling is not used as a developmental milestone because some kids skip it all together. My older daughter never crawled, she rolled across the floor when she wanted something. She still started walking at 11 months.  My second daughter did more of an "Army crawl" than actual crawling and she started walking at 12 months.  I wouldn't worry, Mommy!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Totally normal. My son didn't really walk independently until a month ago (and he's 19 months old now) and my ped wasn't worried at all. And he always crawled weird, sort of sideways. As long as she's getting around, she's good.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my dd is 12 and is still wobbly whenshe stands she still has to hold onto things to stand. she didnt start to crawl til she was 10m your baby is fine. she will do it when she is ready.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• most kids walk after one.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• She'll get there!! And once she does, you'll be wondering why you wanted her to do it so bad!!! My daughter didn't start crawling until she was 10 months, pulling up to stand 11 months, cruising on furniture from about 11 1/2 to 14 months. At 14 months, it was us trying to coax her to take steps by herself, and she would just plop down on her bottom. Literally one day at @ 14 1/2 months she just started walking to get to what she wanted. Your daughter sounds like she wants to be sure she knows how to do something, before trying it on her own. She will get comfy and you'll be chasing her soon enough. HAVE FUN!!
    sikomom

Answer by sikomom at 4:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• She's fine....every child is different. My ex brother in law NEVER crawled...never moved around. Just sat where he was placed. Then at 18 months just got up and ran....he's a very successful man with a lovely family now....not to worry!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• thats why they call them toddlers, its takes a whlie to gain the strength and balance, i love when they first start walking.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have the same issue with my 10 month old son. I have tried everything to get him to start crawling. When I tuck his legs under him he just goes right back to his belly. He is determined not to crawl. I have heard that some babies just skip crawling altogether.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i wouldn't worry to much about it. my son never crawled on his hands and knees. he did do a little army like crawl on his belly and then started to walk :) it's whatever the child feels more comfortable with i think.
    Anonymous