Abortion?

has anyone ever had an abortion? If so, when did ur period go back to normal? I've had one over two months ago and im still bleeding everyday. It's not always heavy and some days it is brown but there is always something there every day. I start bleeding heavy every two weeks so I'm assuming this is my period coming every two weeks. And I clot now, something I rarely ever did in the past. Has anyone else ever had these problems? Not concerned with answers from anyone wanting to bash me, so save it for someone else. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• Okay it is none of our business why she had one, I have not had an abortion, but I had and D&C (same procedure) after a miscarriage, did you go back to your follow up appointment? You should not still be bleeding after 2 months, they could have missed some tissue or something, please call the doctor where you had your surgery and ask them to see you, this can cause a lot of problems, hope everything is okay with you, but make the call!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Whoever is voting everyone down is a jerk. If you don't like what the OP or the women answering have to say, go away.

OP, give your doctor a call. They may tell you it's normal, but calling won't hurt.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You should contact your OB or the clinic where you had the procedure done. I don't think that is normal to still be bleeding.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think you should schedule a follow up appointment with your doctor. Its important to go so they can be sure the D&C got everything out. If you already have an appointment, then call and ask if you need to be seen sooner. Hugs to you. This can be such a difficult time, even if it was a choice you made.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I won't bash you but I do feel sorry for you...
    It is normal after a D&C to bleed off and on for up to 8 weeks. I would imagine it would be about the same. I think it's time to contact your doctor.
    Anonymous

• I had one in January. I was pretty lucky and only bled for about two days afterwards, but I believe it was two months before my normal period came back.
    You have to remember that it's different for everyone (just like a pregnancy would be) and it might be a little while. If you need to, send me a message on here - I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it!

And when it comes to the bashers... they'll never go away. You just have to learn to ignore them. Just remember... if you had stayed pregnant, there would've been people against that too, I'm sure. There's always someone against any choice you make.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011