Am I doing too much for my daughters bday?

She is turning 4 on 4th of July so we are going to have a bbq. I have a waterslide for the kids to play and a magician is ccoming to do a show. My sister says to get a bounce houset too... so I am thinkin of this too but not sure. We are having music since my daughter loves to dance. Food of course, pinata, make your own cupcake station (my sister is making the cake and the kids can decorate them) make your own party bag (the party hats, blow outs, glasses and candy from pinata)

We might pull out on of the toddler pools we have in the garage..
I feel like I am doing too much, am i ?

suggestions on what to leave out? or does it sound fine?

should i leave or take out..
magic show?
toddler pool?
bounce house?

I am definitely keeping the waterslide

does it seem extra!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Food and slide stay. The rest... goes. Too much.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Waaaay too much. I would def get rid of the cupcake station. Try to focus the party on water stuff.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Id say if you have a big back yard and lots of people coming, have it all !!! I WOULD !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sounds like a lot of fun to me! :) Hey,its also the 4th of July..so you hafta make that day extra special! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would take out the magician and the bounce house, how many people are coming? I've always done just a couple games like Pin the Tail on the Unicorn, make your own princess crown, magicians & bounce houses are pricey. It sounds like fun w/the water slide, music, cupcake station & pinata.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 1:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I agree with Amberlovesher3, if you have the room, why not do it all? It sounds like a brilliant party to me! Your daughter is one lucky girl :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 1:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I always over do it for my kids b days too so I really have really have no room to talk but I'd leave out the magic show
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• IMO, its too much but who cares... its your kid and your money. Personally though, I'd get rid of the bounce house. My dd broke her arm on a trampoline and our orthopedic surgeon said that trampolines and bounce houses are not safe and the American Pediatrics Association is working on banning them. The nurse said she sees about 5 new kids everyday with accidents from one of them. 5!!!!!! I wouldn't want that liability.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You definitely don't need a magician. The kids are not going to want to stop playing to watch. They won't even want the pinata. a bounce house is enough. A water slide is great too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would cut the magician and keep the waterslide since hot outside. If having cake for birthday then I would skip the cupcake station. The bounce house might be fine to keep if enough kids are coming but if hot they will end up doing the waterslide more than anything. If stay after dark since the 4th I would go sprilkers instead.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011