Labor Pains?

What do they feel like at first.. I know I'm going to be going into it soon because at my last appointment (Monday 12-8) my doctor said I was dilated 1cm and 50% efaced... Or however that is spelled.. I am full term now, so I'm 37 weeks yesterday and I've not felt that great today. My head was hurting and every now and then it feels like someone's hit me in the stomach, but the pain only lasts for like 30 seconds or so.. And I don't know what to do.. I'm packing the hospital bag now.. But I'm home alone.. If it keeps up should I tell my husband and my mom?

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you are having contractions...they will come and go. I my water broke a day after i went to the doctor and was dialated 1 cm. get your bag ready and just tell your family to keep by the phone!! It could be tomorrow or next week! never know!! GOOD LUCK!!
    sillymommy1206

Answer by sillymommy1206 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would best describe it as the wors menstrual cramp you could possibly have. I didn't go into labor naturally, I had to be induced and they gave me Cytotec. When the doctor checked me and my water broke, the contractions started 20 minutes later.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 4:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Keep track of your contractions. If they get to be 5 minutes apart or closer, then you should call your doctor. As for when to tell your DH and your mom, I'd be telling them what you're feeling now, but there is no reason for anybody to do anything about it until you have contractions that are regular and close together, or unless your water breaks.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I walked around for 2 weeks or more with my first child at 2 cm. and i think 40% effaced so i wouldnt get too anxious just yet.
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008