Pregnancy after Mirena

I'm having my Mirena taken out in December so we can start trying for our second baby in February, and I was wondering how long it took some of you to get pregnant after having the IUD. Should I take it out sooner, or closer to February. We really don't want to have a pregnancy before February. My OB/GNY said not to because it lowers the chance of another pre-term labor, which I had with my first child. By the time it's taken out I'll have had it for only 7 months.

brttnywrdrp

Asked by brttnywrdrp at 1:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i heard it can be right away
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I got pregnant 2 days later after having it taken out. I think you are smart to get it out in Dec. and wait until Feb. before trying. I didn't listen to my doctor & now I wish I had b/c he told me to wait until after I had a period before trying and since I didn't, I ended up having placenta previa. I did carry the baby full term and she turned out perfect, but the money I spent for a specialist, money I spent on medicine to keep the baby, the worry I had my whole pregnancy & the fact that I had complications delivering the placenta, was not worth it, so I've learned my lesson to listen to my doctor.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Congrats on trying for your second baby!!
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I just got the Mirena put in today and I have been told immediately as well! Good Luck!
    Aleighasmom09

Answer by Aleighasmom09 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have had it out 2 years and still no positive! :( my sister had it out 11 months before her positive everybody is different so go with what you and ur husband are comfortable with! Best of luck!
    ttcforever6391

Answer by ttcforever6391 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2011